These are some of the thoughts I've had in this old head of mine this year:
- September 11, 2001, brought something into the hearts of Americans that hadn't been there in a very long time. It brought either courage or fear, perhaps both.
- Terrorism/evil has plagued our country and the world since the beginning of time.
- How long does a nation survive, that was partially built on faith in God, when its people become faithless?
- Is this the end of times, as many profess, or could a great awakening occur and change everything, giving us more time?
- When will our country actually bottom out or reset?
- What can we really, honestly do about all that is happening around us besides pray?
- Why am I having such a hard time burying my head in the sand and running away since that's a way to ignore all our country's problems? I'm good at running away usually.
- How did our country get into such bad shape anyway and why?
- Which generation is going to pay for our follies and how?
- Maybe it will all go away and everything will be fine.
Well, I can't change yesterday because yesterday IS gone but how do I change today when I'm not even sure what to change or what can be changed or even what change is? The world is a mess and so is our very own, beautiful country.
September 11, 2001, woke me up. Now what am I supposed to do? What are you doing?
Now folks, here's where the rubber meets the road. Don't be afraid of your thoughts. You're supposed to think - - and don't be afraid of not having all the answers. The bottom line is that final victory is ours through Jesus Christ. The little skirmishes seem to be overwhelming sometimes but don't let it get you down. No matter how difficult or mind blowing the situation for you becomes, don't forget, you win in the end. Be brave, be honorable and strive to live in love. Remember, you can do all things through Him who strengthens you.